You give and take away. You give and take away.
My heart will choose to say, "Lord blessed be Your name."
I long for understanding. I long for comfort.
Last night I looked into her eyes and saw nothing, all colour was lost.
I held her hand and felt a chill as shades of blue began to take over.
I wept tears of sorrow and sang songs of praise.
She said she was ready to go home.
She said she was ready to leave and meet The Lord, and she said it with peace.
Longing for His sweet embrace.
Longing for the fight to end.
She was ready.
Conscious enough to know her family and friends surrounded her.
Conscious enough to hear the sweet words we had to say, but weak enough to let go.
She fought and she fought hard, but in the final hours we knew God was calling her home.
Praise to the Lord of all. His mighty power reigns. His plan is far greater than any mind can fathom.
Praise to the marker of the heavens and the earth - for one day He will return and call us all home.
Praise - for He is holy holy. He is Lord God almighty.
Just as she was ready to feel the warmth of His embrace He was ready to have His child home.
We will never understand The Lords magnificent plan, but we must trust and have faith even when all seems hopeless.
She once shared a quote with me while she still remained in human flesh, "God's power is best displayed when things are impossible." These words have never echoed so loudly.
No comments:
Post a Comment