Sunday, 7 July 2013

There is no guarantee that we are to grow old and die at an "appropriate" age; although, we continue to plan for the future, forgetting what it is like to live in a moment. It saddens me. My heart beings to wander in fear that I am not loving what I should be loving. If there is no guarantee then why do we wait for the perfect moment? That perfect moment may never come so instead you spend your whole life waiting and never speaking up. Then again, what is a perfect moment? What defines a perfect moment? If there is no definite answer as to what the perfect moment is then why are we waiting for it? Should we not be living and going after what we want? Or are we too afraid of the outcome so we convince ourselves that there will be this magical, perfect, all-knowing moment where we can finally speak. Speak out hearts, speak our minds, and speak our desires. Unfortunately life does not guarantee I will be here tomorrow and if I were not here tomorrow what would I want others to know? Would I want them to know me or just a glimpse of me? Would I want them to know my heart or a masked version of my heart? This forces me to challenge myself to live. Live as though it was my last day. How would my words vary and how would my actions change? I live, but I sure don't live as though it may be my last -I live as if there is a tomorrow. I know if I were to leave this earth it would be harder for those who surround me than for myself. I must begin to live in dynamic and to speak the words on my heart rather than hold them back in fear. I must learn to love with everything I have in me and shower kindness on those who surround me; for, you cannot live without giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment