Tuesday, 28 May 2013

"beneath the curse of these lovers eyes"
a beautiful melodic song that speaks into my life.

I am a huge fan of music. There is something so powerful about putting a rhythm and a tune behind words. The words on their own are just words, but when placed with a tune there is something so incredibly magical. The words ring louder and are permenantly ingrained into me. Music helps feed my soul. When I am lost, broken, confused, thrilled, nervous, calm, energetic there is a;ways a song for that moment. Secretly I wish life was a musical, but in so many ways life is a musical. Stories are told through the art of music. Without music life would feel terribly empty. Music is very personal and sits deep with me the words to a song can be filled with so much passion and can speak the words if your heart; playing a rhythm to my life. Beautiful. As of lately lyrics to many songs have rung loudly. Music has been my outlet. This can be a good and bad because many days I focus how perfect the lyrics fit my life without actually acting on my life. There are days I allow myself to be wrapped up in the stories the lyrical mess spills across the page. I am lost in it all. Hours will pass as I daze off and allow myself to get caught up in the lives of these songs. Safe and tucked away. I breathe easier, live easier forgetting about the broken world around me. In music, in song - I a lost, but free - through song I am the most vulnerable version of me.

I worship best through song, I love best through song, I experience joy best through song, I cry best through song, yet, I fear living through song because that requires the strength to be vulnerable and being vulnerable is not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment