There is something about being disconnected from the social media world, but something so powerful about being connected. At times I feel so powered to delete all access to my media outlets, but days into it I yearn to know what is going on - even if it is nothing. As I have pondered and debated for days, weeks, and if not months wondering which one is best for me - to be connected or to be disconnected? I have found it better to be somewhere in the middle. Not so disconnected the I strive to know what may possibly going on, but disconnected and connected enough to have that outlet.
I could be doing so much more with my time if I was to pull back from the media world. More time to reflect on me and more time to reflect on the plan God has for my life. If I am constantly immersed in others lives through media am I really living my own life the way it is meant to be lived out? I love social media and I see great potential in it. I see it allowing others to share and grow with each others as we watch peoples lives unravel, but I cannot say that all social media is being used in a way that is purposeful. I want to watch people grow and to question life - to open up and break down their walls. I want to see passion and hardships; after all, this journey called life we are all walking was in no way intended to be easy.
These are my morning coffee thoughts.

No comments:
Post a Comment